MIPIM 2022: Former French President Hollande to deliver keynote
With travel restrictions lifted in France, it’s all systems go for the world’s leading property conference in Cannes.
“We are full steam ahead in our planning for what is shaping into a crucial event for real estate in 2022,” said Ronan Vaspart, director of MIPIM.
“It is fantastic to see such a strong desire from the industry to come together and the numbers we are seeing signing up for the event are highly encouraging.”
- Go to our MIPIM hub, including coverage and ways to get involved through Place North West
This year’s theme is “driving urban change”.
Former French President François Hollande will deliver the keynote address at the conference, using the time to focus on both the challenges and opportunities that the property industry faces.
Hollande was the French President from 2012-2017. During his speech, Hollande will also discuss how the industry can tackle climate change, which is fitting considering he presided over the Paris Climate Agreement at COP21 in 2015.
“I hope this message gives those already signed up, as well as those still considering their options, the confidence to plan for arriving in Cannes in March,” Vaspart said.
“We look forward to welcoming everyone to a safe and secure event that is set to continue MIPIM’s tradition of attracting the biggest names in our field, as demonstrated by what promises to be a significant intervention from President Hollande.”
MIPIM 2022 is set to have the same number of exhibitors as the conference had in 2019.
The UK Pavilion on La Croisette will be the hub for UK business during the conference, with the Department for International Trade, Homes England, and the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities joining forces to promote the country.
Liverpool and Lancashire have committed to exhibiting at the event as well. London, Newcastle, Cardiff, Dudley, West of England and Central South will also be taking stands.
Manchester and Cheshire & Warrington will not have stands this year, although Manchester has committed to sending a small delegation.
MIPIM 2022 will be held 15-18 March at Palais des Festivals in Cannes. Representatives from Allied London, Bruntwood, Morgan Sindall Construction, Progressive Living, Urban Splash, Castle Green, Mills & Reeve, Cushman & Wakefield, and Savills are among its attendees.
Also attending: Altus Group, Colliers, CBRE, Essensys, Knight Frank, JLL, Luma Marketing, NJL Consulting, and Reich Insurance.
JMW Solicitors will be bringing its largest team yet to the event, with 11 members of staff making their way to Cannes to represent the firm’s Manchester and London offices.
More companies are expected to announce their MIPIM plans in the coming weeks.
Join the companies below and partner with Place North West to help make your brand stand out from the crowd at MIPIM.
Opportunities available for MIPIM 2022 include:
- Roundtables: Held in-person and turned into videos later, these roundtables can stand the test of time and reach a wider audience than a more traditional roundtable ever could.
- ‘Fireside’ chats: These intimate one-on-one video interviews provide a more informal setting that’s perfect for digging into complex and important topics in a way that’s accessible to those at MIPIM and beyond.
- Vox pops: Capture the excitement of your announcements, launches and events with quick video interviews with your attendees.
- Sponsorship of Place MIPIM Closing Drinks: a networking drinks event for around 500 guests. With high-profile guests enjoying a relaxed beach setting, sponsoring Place MIPIM Closing Drinks is the perfect, hassle-free way to get your brand in front of significant figures at MIPIM. Already sponsored by Mills & Reeve, Altus Group and Essensys.
- Advertising: Before and during MIPIM, get your brand in front of the readers of PlaceTech and Place North West in multiple ways, including website banners, an advertorial piece, branded editorial reports and more.
For more information or to book opportunities, contact Place commercial director Dino Moutsopoulos by calling 07803 988 112 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org