Place readership continues to rise

Place North West recorded a 16% increase in website visitor numbers during the third quarter of 2012 compared to the same period last year, with more than 100,000 individual readers.

The number of unique visitors between 1 July and 30 September 2012 was 108,001, against 93,076 last year. Unique visitor numbers recorded by Google Analytics is the most common measure of a website's performance used by digital publishers.

There were an average of 20 new subscribers a week signing up to the Place Daily Briefing email. The Daily Briefing was opened by an average of 1,900 people each day. Roughly 50% of visitors to the website come through the daily email and the other half from a mixture of sources: directly on their web browser, through Google searches, links from other websites carrying Place stories such as Invest in Cheshire and Skyscrapercity, or social networking sites Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.

The proportion of repeat visitors to the site was 54%; the remaining 46% of visitors found Place North West for the first time.

As well as the daily news updates, Place brought hundreds of readers together in person at industry events, Place Tech in July and Liverpool: Making it Happen during BCSC in September.

Miles Dunnett, head of asset management at Grosvenor Liverpool Fund, sponsor of Liverpool: Making it Happen, said: "We set out to ensure that the UK property and retail industries saw first-hand how successful Liverpool ONE is, both in isolation and as an integral part of Liverpool city centre. The challenge, however, was to deliver that outcome indirectly by implementing a wide range of complementary initiatives before and during the conference.

"The Place North West panel discussion, alongside the Liverpool ONE-focused session that you led in BCSC, played a key role in achieving this. Similarly, Place North West's promotion of the 'meet the Liverpool ONE team' breakfast on Wednesday morning helped to make that an over-subscribed success.

"It has been a great collective effort, in which Place North West played an invaluable role. "

Place North West also worked with a variety of partners to support their marketing campaigns for recruitment, client events, company website and product launches including OBI Property, Hill Dickinson, HOW Planning, Arley Homes, BCSC, Richard Barber & Co, DWF, Roland Dransfield PR, Indigo Planning and GVA.

Plans are now underway for the next series of Place events and initiatives in the autumn and winter. Further details will be announced shortly.

  • If you wish to discuss editorial or commercial promotion of your business on Place North West contact Paul Unger, editor, on 07966 535 262 or

Your Comments

Read our comments policy

Related Articles

Sign up to receive the Place Daily Briefing

Join more than 13,000 property professionals and receive your free daily round-up of built environment news direct to your inbox


Join more than 13,000 property professionals and sign up to receive your free daily round-up of built environment news direct to your inbox.

By subscribing, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

"*" indicates required fields

Your Job Field*
Other regional Publications - select below