Lumina Village Glenbrook p.Inform Comms

Bruntwood and Glenbrook are working in partnership in Trafford. Credit: via Inform Communications

Go-ahead for £160m Trafford neighbourhood

Comprising 639 homes, Glenbrook’s scheme forms part of the wider £250m Lumina Village mixed-use development being delivered by the council and Bruntwood. 

Glenbrook’s £160m neighbourhood, designed by Sheppard Robson, will provide a mix of one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom houses and apartments on part of the 12-acre Kellogg’s site after being approved by the council last night. 

Shannon Conway, residential director at Glenbrook said the development goes beyond Trafford Council’s residential aspirations. 

“We have enjoyed working closely and collaboratively with Trafford Council and Bruntwood to ensure that Lumina Village’s residential aspirations are not only met, but exceeded,” she said. 

“We are very much looking forward to getting started and delivering a beautiful, highly liveable, car-free neighbourhood focussed on wellbeing and community.” 

Of the 639 homes, 59% will have more than one bedroom. The remaining 41% will be one-bedroom dwellings.  

The 586 flats will be delivered across six blocks ranging from six to 20 storeys. There will be 53 townhouses.  

At least 15% of the homes will be available on affordable tenures. 

As well as homes, Glenbrook’s development provides for more than five acres of public realm, 5,600 sq ft of ground floor retail space, and 200 parking spaces also form part of the plans.  

The wider Lumina Village, which features plans for 200,000 sq ft of offices, a primary school and a 100-bedroom hotel, is itself part of Trafford Council’s Civic Quarter Area Action Plan. 

The CQAAP is a vision to deliver 4,000 homes, 500,000 sq ft of commercial space, public realm improvements, and new infrastructure across 120 acres stretching from Trafford College past the Town Hall and Lancashire Cricket Club up to the A56/Chester Road and White City retail park. 

Chris Roberts, chief development officer at Bruntwood, said: “The transformation at Lumina Village is at the heart of our commitment to long-term regeneration in Trafford, as part of our joint venture with Trafford Council.  

“It’s exciting to achieve this important milestone, which will deliver a range of high-quality residential accommodation for the community. It brings us a step closer to realising our ambitious plans to create a vibrant and sustainable realm, where the local community can live, eat, shop and play.” 

Cllr Liz Patel, Trafford Council’s executive member for economy and regeneration, added: “We are delivering on our promises to transform Trafford and I am extremely proud of the progress we have made. Thank you to everyone who has made this project a reality – I cannot wait for it to be completed.” 

Your Comments

Read our comments policy

Related Articles

Sign up to receive the Place Daily Briefing

Join more than 13,000 property professionals and receive your free daily round-up of built environment news direct to your inbox


Join more than 13,000 property professionals and sign up to receive your free daily round-up of built environment news direct to your inbox.

By subscribing, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

"*" indicates required fields

Your Job Field*
Other regional Publications - select below