Trafford Park Metrolink line work gets underway
Initial enabling and utility works are due to begin this week on the next line in the Metrolink network, 3.4 miles from Pomona to intu Trafford Centre.
At the same time a series of drop-in events are scheduled for people to find out more about the plans.
Full construction is due to start on the six-stop line this year, after Transport for Greater Manchester re-appointed existing Metrolink expansion contractor MPact-Thales to construct the latest line.
The Trafford Park line will branch off from the existing Pomona tram stop, calling at Wharfside, near to Old Trafford football stadium, the Imperial War Museum North, Trafford Park, EventCity and the intu Trafford Centre. Trafford Park is home to 1,300 businesses and more than 35,000 employees.
The following drop-in sessions have been arranged:
- Tuesday 10 January, Imperial War Museum North, Trafford Wharf Road, 10am-4.30pm
- Wednesday 11 January, MediaCityUK, The Open Centre, 10am-4.30pm
- Friday 13 January, intu Trafford Centre, Lower Peel Avenue, 10am-10pm
- Saturday 14 January, intu Trafford Centre, Lower Peel Avenue, 10am-9pm
- Monday 20 February, EventCity, 10am-4.30pm
When the line opens, the Metrolink network will span more than 64 miles served by 99 stops.