Seddon and Redrow move forward with 300 Preston homes

Two planning applications which, if approved, would bring 305 houses to the market in Preston, have been submitted to Preston City Council.

The first is an outline application by landowners James and Christine Lowcock in association with Seddon, for a 105-home scheme on land off Garstang Road.

The 17-acre site is currently two fields used for agriculture and grazing.

The plans call for 37 of the 105 homes to be social housing, which is a 35% affordable provision. Proposals include 210 car parking spaces.

PWA Planning advised on the scheme, which was designed by FCPR Environment & Design.


Redrow Tabley Green Development

Redrow’s recently completed phase of the Tabley Green development adjacent to the application site

The second is another outline application, this time for 200 homes from Redrow on land north of Tabley Lane and Lightfoot Lane.

This development would form a further phase of Redrow’s Tabley Green development which is part of a wider strategic housing allocation known as the North West Strategic Location masterplan.

Redrow gained outline planning permission for up to 330 homes on land south of the application site in 2013. Amendments to this earlier scheme were approved in February this year. Phases 1A and 2 have started construction, with some homes now available.

An outline application was approved for 175 homes to the north of the site in June 2018, and another outline application for 58 homes to the north west of the site was approved in December 2018.

The 23-acre site is currently used for agriculture. Of the homes, 60 are set to be affordable, with 70% of them to be for social rent and the remaining 30% for shared ownership.

Turley planned and designed the scheme.

Your Comments

Read our comments policy

I’d hardly call this Preston, its miles out of town in Bilsborrow. Right on the Wyre Borough boundary. Lovely place.


Related Articles

Sign up to receive the Place Daily Briefing

Join more than 13,000 property professionals and receive your free daily round-up of built environment news direct to your inbox


Join more than 13,000 property professionals and sign up to receive your free daily round-up of built environment news direct to your inbox.

By subscribing, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

"*" indicates required fields

Your Job Field*
Other regional Publications - select below