Secretary of State for Transport Chris Grayling is set to give a keynote speech at the Northern Transport Summit on 16 May.
The full-day conference will see speakers from HS2, Network Rail, Northern council leaders and Mayors discuss the pinchpoints for Northern transport, the key areas of investment, demands to the Government, and the greatest opportunities for the private sector.
The high-level line-up also includes cycling champion Chris Boardman, Liverpool Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram, Network Rail director Anna-Jane Hunter, and speakers from Northern, Virgin, Peel, and Merseytravel.
Tickets are now on sale for the full-day conference which will be held on 16 May at Hilton Manchester Deansgate. This event is in association with Transport for the North, Broadway Malyan, Waterman, Lexington Communications, and Winckworth Sherwood.
The agenda will cover:
- Progress of Transport for the North
- Local authority areas set for major transport investments + the impact on surrounding communities
- Transport operators managing projects across road, rail + airports
- Update on HS2
- Greater Manchester’s Beeline campaign + the rising importance of cycling investment
- Securing a sustainable future with air quality + potential of Hydrogen
- Streets for all + the role of town centres
- Mixed-use developments being shaped by future transport hubs
Tickets are priced at £99+VAT, and include breakfast, lunch, and other refreshments.