Cheshire business event on Monday
ERDF programme managers providing funding, finance and support to businesses in Cheshire will be at the Brighter Business Event at Chester Racecourse on Monday evening.
They will brief local SMEs on what is available and how to access relevant support to help grow and develop their business.
The North West Fund, Access to Finance service and the Cheshire Business Growth Hub are among the European Regional Development Fund-supported projects presenting. There will be workshops and one-to-ones available to businesses with access to valuable advice and expertise. Those in attendance will hear about :
- How to access funding
- How to develop their businesses including new markets and export
- Support for starting your own business
- Grants available for research and development
- Specific sector advice for funding/innovation, particularly within digital and creative, biomedical, energy & environment and food
This is a free event for SMEs in Cheshire and Warrington, taking place on Monday 10 September from 4pm to 8pm at Chester Racecourse.
Cheshire West & Chester Council's external funding and partnerships team are hosting the event in association with Cheshire East and Warrington Councils and the North West European Regional Development Fund Programme.
Cllr Herbert Manley, executive member for prosperity, said: "There is an opportunity to register for what promises to be a valuable business event. This event will highlight the range of support available for our businesses to grow and prosper."
Spaces are still available – for more information and to register visit
There will be a presentation from Dave Armstrong, Armstong Point, the UK's First Zero Energy Cost Business Park. Barry Hodges from the Chester University Riverside Innovation Centre follows. There will also be an update on the University's latest project building the NOW Food Centre.
Jim Crook from The Blue Orchid will explain the Business Support that is currently available in Cheshire and Warrington. Dr James Clipson will explain the work of the Technology Strategy Board and what they can offer.
Funding and Finance available through the North West Fund to Cheshire and Warrington businesses will be explained by Julie Brook
Following the presentations, a number of workshops will take place:
- Venture Capital – Start a business: Richard Young
- Promoting Your Business – Marketing: Emma Clarke
- Energy Efficiency: Dave Armstrong
- Meet The North West Fund Sector Specialists: Mike Bakewell, Digital & Creative, Biomedical and Energy & Environmental; Simon Berry, Development Capital and Business Loans
- Access to Finance: Ian Dixon
- Food and Drink sector support: Charlie Woodcock
- Cheshire Business Growth Hub: Jim Crook
- Technology Strategy Board – Grants for R&D: Dr James Clipson
The European Regional Development Fund is worth €755m between 2007 and 2013.