Property developers, agents, architects and consultants visited the 'Your Stockport, Your Development, Your Future' event last week to find out more about a range of exciting development opportunities in the borough.
Around 100 companies took part in themed workshops and networking sessions and had the chance to meet the Leader of Stockport Council, Cllr Dave Goddard.
Attendees found out about what the future holds for development in Stockport and what support is available from Stockport Council and its partner organisations.
Key topic of conversation was the Stockport's offers of opportunities with significant scope for new developments – from small-scale infill developments to conversions of large mills and redevelopment of brownfield sites.
Councillor Dave Goddard, Leader of Stockport Council, said: "Despite Stockport's many positive economic indicators, we are not complacent towards development opportunities and the economy. The Council is working hard to put plans in place to ensure a prosperous future, including new developments and employment opportunities across the borough. Stockport is definitely open for business."
Some of the development sites and sector opportunities available include:
- Heaton Lane, Wellington Road North, town centre, 2.6 acres, parking (current use), commercial, leisure (future use), contact: Stockport Council
- Portwood West, close to M60 motorway (J27), 6.5 acres, brownfield (currently), mixed-leisure, commercial (future use), contact: Stockport Council
- Wear Mill, King Street West & Chestergate, adjacent to the bus station and River Mersey, town centre, 2.2 acres, retail, commercial (currently), mixed use including residential, leisure, commercial (future), contact: Stockport Council
- Hillgate Sites, historic Hillgate area, town centre, size available on enquiry, brownfield, vacant buildings (current), residential, commercial (future use), also a sector opportunity, some of these sites may be the subject of a compulsory purchase order
- Bridgefield, Bridgefield Street, town centre, 19.8 acres, retail, commercial, parking (current), mixed use retail including residential and leisure (future use), contact: Stockport Council
- Knightsbridge, Great Portwood Street, 8.3acres, industrial, retail (current), mixed use retail including residential and leisure, development partner: J Sainsbury
- Cheadle Royal, Cheadle, office (current), office design and build available (future use), contact: Muse Developments
- Fletcher Street, town centre, size available on enquiry, parking (current), hotel, residential (future), contact: Stockport Council
- Former Gorsey Bank Site, off Brinksway, close to Junction 1 of M60, 17 acres, brownfield site (current use), employment (future), development partner: Terrace Hill
- Former Thomas Storey Site, next to Junction 27 of M60 motorway, 14.1acres, brownfield site (current), employment (future), owner: Chancerygate
- Kings' Reach, Yew Street, town centre, size available on enquiry, office (current), office design and build available (future use), contact: Seddon Group
- MAN Diesel, Bramhall Moor Lane, Hazel Grove, size available on enquiry, industrial (current), employment (future), contact: Knight Frank
- For more information about development opportunities in Stockport email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 474 3734.