The 36-acre Quays development has experienced its most pivotal year with landmark deals and milestones achieved, according to Bryan Gray, chairman of Peel Media.
Gray said: "It's been an extraordinary year at Media City UK and we are now starting to see a new community to emerge in Salford Quays."
The year saw Peel Media sign deals with the BBC to use the production studios, ITV to move from Manchester city centre and live broadcast specialist Satellite Information Services to take extra space and run a joint venture with Peel.
BBC North, which is moving five London-based departments and all its current Manchester city centre operations to MediaCityUK, is due to begin relocating staff to Salford from May of 2011.
The first of the 1,700 students attending the new University of Salford higher education centre, will arrive at MediaCityUK next October.
Milestones in 2010 included:
- July. New road link from Broadway to M602 provides easier access to Media City UK
- September. Greater Manchester Integrated Passenger Transport Authority launches Metrolink tram service to the site
- October. 218-bed Holiday Inn officially opens for business
- November. Peel Media signs joint venture agreement with SIS, which will be responsible for managing the studios, post production and technical services at Media City UK.
- November. Peel Media agrees new ten-year deal with the BBC to deliver an enhanced level of production facilities.
- December. ITV announces move including Coronation Street
- December. Completion of footbridge linking Salford Quays with Trafford Wharf