Merseytravel has started the search for a consultant team to deliver a wide range of services in a £250m framework covering disciplines such as engineering consultancy, public affairs, quantity surveying, architectural services, and planning.
The framework will cover a vast range of disciplines needed across Merseytravel’s estate, which includes its offices, bus stations, ferry terminals, and tourist attractions including Spaceport.
It also includes the Kingsway and Queensway Mersey tunnels.
Services procured through the framework will primarily focus on Merseytravel, but it could also be used by the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority and local councils including Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton, Halton, Wirral, and St Helens.
It is to be procured across 14 separate lots which are:
- Tunnels engineering consultancy
- Rail engineering consultancy
- Naval architectural services
- Civil & structural engineering consultancy
- Mechanical & electrical engineering consultancy
- Architectural services
- Transport policy and planning consultancy
- Quantity surveying
- Safety, quality & environmental consultancy
- Programme & project management
- Highways infrastructure consultancy
- Business case development
- PR, campaign, and engagement
- Topographical surveys
The framework is currently at the prior information notice stage and a suppliers’ day will be held at Merseytravel’s office at 1 Mann Island on 19 September to gain feedback from potential bidders. Registration can be found here.
Earlier this year, Merseyrail started procurement for a £10m framework covering projects including new station, station rebuilds, and refurbishment works across its estate.