We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Transport Planner for our growing Manchester office. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary infrastructure consultancy with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
PBA won NCE / ACE Consultant of the Year – why not come and see why?
- Responsible for supporting technical output of transportation project teams
- Manage and / or carry out technical works in accordance with the Practices PMS, QMS, EMS and H&S procedures
- Day-to-day supervision and training of project team members
- Attend meetings with clients, design teams, local authorities and the general public as required
- Preferable: to act as Discipline Lead for smaller projects, with financial control of Transportation Briefs, deputising for senior management when need arises
- Production of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and associated technical analysis work, plus supporting the Manchester transport team on our range of land development projects
- Works to include: Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Junction Modelling, Access & Movement Strategies
Opportunities to continue career through growth of the Manchester transport team, supported by training schemes to achieve TPP status. Develop skills on a broad range of projects.
- Experience and understanding of planning system
- Transport Assessment and Travel Planning experience and preparation of high quality technical reports
- Junction modelling / analysis and experience of relevant software packages
- Good communicator [verbally and written] and confident to attend meetings and advise client / design teams
- Relevant degree / higher level qualification [e.g. Geography / Transport Planning]
- Member of relevant professional institution
- MS Office (skilled in the use of Word and Excel
- Budget and quality management at project level
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.