A debate is being held at Manchester's Town Hall next week about the challenges facing the construction industry during the current economic climate.
Four guest speakers will give views on some commentators suggesting that during the current recession there will be an emphatic return to lowest bid, single-stage tendering and that progress towards sustainability will be abandoned.
The four speakers include:
- Professor Peter Hibberd, chair of the Joint Contracts Tribunal
- Kelly Forrest, construction economist, Sense Cost Consultancy
- John Lorimer, capital programme director, Manchester City Council
- Stephen Underwood, director of strategy development and business improvement, Kier Group
Crunch Time: Challenges for the Construction Industry during the Recession takes place on Thursday 26 February from 6pm.
- For further details or to reserve a free place contact Hannah Kavanagh at the Centre for Construction Innovation at email@example.com or on 0161 295 5076