Realm reports bumper year for retail outlets
Realm, the Alderley Edge-headquartered operator of retail outlet centres, has reported a 16% total sales increase for 2016, with like-for-like sales up 7%. The business added that footfall was also up, by 5%. The key December period saw footfall increase by 8% and total sales by 13%.
Across its portfolio of 12 UK sites, which includes Freeport Fleetwood in Lancashire, the group reported 75 deals, accounting for 150,000 sq ft of retail space.
Colin Brooks, managing director, said: “Our portfolio sales growth for the year and the level of leasing activity reflects growing confidence in the outlet sector from consumers and retailers alike. We are looking forward to delivering further sales growth and tenant mix improvements during 2017.”
Freeport Fleetwood comprises 56 retail units, anchored by M&S, Next and Gap. It was opened in 1995 and was rebranded and relaunched by Realm in 2006.