REGISTER NOW | Building Innovation in Science
How great buildings can foster innovation and position our region at forefront of UK science industry
2pm-5.30pm | 19 July 2016 | Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester
Science is at the heart of the North West’s aspirations for growth and no more so than this year, as Manchester plays host to the EuroScience Open Forum as part of its tenure as the European City of Science.
With the spotlight firmly on the future prospects of the science industry, Arup and the Fairhursts Design Group, in collaboration with Place North West, have put together an afternoon exploring the links between great building design and great innovation. We will review best practice from leading science facilities in Manchester and across the UK, and discuss how the property community can better support the region’s scientists in a bid to stay at the forefront of UK science.
- Prof Phil Withers, interim chief science director, University of Manchester
- Duncan Parsley, capital projects director, Wellcome Genome Campus
- Martino Picardo, chief executive, Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst
- Mark Adey, director, Fairhursts Design Group
- Jennifer DiMambro, director of engineering, Arup
The event will conclude with a panel discussion focusing on the real opportunities and challenges facing research and how the region’s aspirations can be achieved.
The running order will be as follows:
- 2pm Arrival, networking and refreshments
- 2.40pm Welcome
- Panel and Q&A
- 5.30pm Networking and refreshments
- 7pm Close