Peel joins waterfront group
Peel Group's Ian Pollitt has joined the board of the fledgling Liverpool Waterfront Business Partnership.
Liverpool Waterfront Business Partnership consists of major land owners, businesses and organisations along the waterfront and was started informally two years ago with Peel playing a key part in the formation.
Earlier this year the group became incorporated as a Community Interest Company, with the aim of boosting the waterfront as a major international tourist attraction.
Liverpool Waterfront, in the CIC's definition, runs from Princes Dock to Kings Dock, taking in the Liverpool Cruise Liner Terminal, Pier Head, Albert Dock, Tate Liverpool and Arena & Convention Centre.
Pollitt, development investment surveyor at Peel, said: "Peel has been involved from the beginning of the process to create this partnership and I am delighted to have been invited to become a Board member. Liverpool Waterfront is an excellent place to be, it has four very unique areas that fit together perfectly to create not only a stunning backdrop but an excellent visitor environment."
The other board members are:
- Sue Grindrod, chairman, Gower Street Estates, Albert Dock
- Jenny Douglas, head of area investment, Liverpool Vision
- Andrea Nixon, executive director, Tate Liverpool
- Julie Sharman, head of enterprise, national and North, Canal & River Trust
- Bob Prattey, chief executive, Arena & Convention Centre, Liverpool
- Alan Stilwell, director of integrated travel, Merseytravel
- Stephen Parry, managing director, Neptune Developments
- Amy de Joia, executive director, National Museums Liverpool