Attractions in running for Enjoy England awards
Seven North West tourism assets from staff to hotels are short-listed for the annual Enjoy England awards organised by Visit England.
This year the North West has one of the highest numbers of nominees, matching Yorkshire and the South West and beating London.
All of the short-listed nominees have already won at the England's Northwest Tourism Awards organised by the North West Development Agency and now go forward to the award ceremony in Brighton on St George's Day, 23 April.
The finalists from this region are:
- The Ashton in Lancaster, short-listed in the bed and breakfast category
- Blackpool Illuminations, tourism event of the year
- Lowry Hotel, large hotel category
- Imperial War Museum North, large visitor attraction
- Gilpin Lodge, Windermere, small hotel
- Low Sizergh Farm Shop, Kendal, Taste of England Award
- Christina Dixon, Jury's Inn hotel in Liverpool, for outstanding customer service
Nick Brooks-Sykes, director of tourism at the NWDA, said: "Our regional tourism awards are tough so I'm confident that we have some excellent finalists going forward to the national awards."