We have opportunities within our Manchester (Bury) office for both a quantity surveyor and a client-side project manager to manage a number of exciting current and future projects.
Rider Hunt are Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, and Consultants to the building industry. We provide a full range of consultancy services, including Project/ Programme Management, Contract Administration, Employer's Agent, Quantity Surveying, and other Client and Contractor-side roles.
We have a diverse workload, with particular expertise in healthcare projects. Our projects range from £100k to £100m, and include traditional projects, design and build, partnering, and ProCure21+, using NEC and JCT contracts.
We have offices in Manchester (Bury town centre), London, Newcastle, and Leeds.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for outstanding individuals, who are technically proficient, hard-working and motivated, and who will deliver the highest quality of service and develop excellent relationships with our clients.
For the role of client-side project manager, your duties will comprise full client-side pre- and post- contract project management of design and construction projects, including (but not limited to):
- Determining a robust client brief
- Managing cost, programme, and quality
- Managing and monitoring design
- Managing change, risk, and issues
- Tendering / contractor selection
- Undertaking full contract administration using NEC3 and JCT
- Attending and chairing meetings with clients, contractors, and designers
- Monitoring work on site
- Support to the Partners with wider Client-side duties (project business cases, post-project evaluation etc)
You will report directly to the Partners, and will have full responsibility for managing smaller and medium sized projects (up to £10m); and will provide in-depth project management support to major projects (£10m+). You will be based in our Manchester (Bury) office, but it is anticipated you will spend a significant amount of time at client offices and sites to suit the needs of your projects.
For the role of quantity surveyor you will undertake the lead quantity surveying/ cost management role on a number of design and construction projects, including all pre- and post- contract duties, including (but not limited to):
- Initial cost planning and budget setting
- Measurement of quantities to SMM7 and preparation of bills of quantities
- Preparation of tender documents
- Compiling construction contracts, including JCT and NEC
- Agreeing target costs/ contract sums and supporting information
- Undertaking monthly valuations and assessments
- Agreement of final accounts
- Preparing monthly financial reports
You will report directly to the Partners, and will have full responsibility for managing your own projects. Candidates are therefore expected to have a suitable level of experience to be able to do this with only limited supervision. You will be based in our Bury office, but it is anticipated you will spend some of your time at client offices and sites, to suit the needs of your projects.
What You Will Have
Candidates should have the following essential skills/ attributes:
- Have a degree in an appropriate technical subject
- Be chartered (or near chartered) with RICS, APM, ICE, CIOB or equivalent; or if not chartered be of sufficient seniority and with sufficient experience to undertake a senior role
- Have demonstrable experience of undertaking a similar Client-side role with minimal supervision
- Have experience of public sector projects, with some healthcare experience preferred
- Have experience of working on JCT and NEC contracts, and ideally experience of working under an NEC Option C Target Cost contract and/or NHS ProCure21/21+ procurement route
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have good IT skills and be able to use common software packages
- Be articulate and personable, with the confidence to deal directly with clients, designers, and contractors; and be able to develop good relationships with your clients
- Be exceptionally self-motivated, hard-working, and committed to delivering a superb service, including working flexibly to suit the needs of your projects
Candidates must be fully eligible to work in the UK, and are anticipated to have a full UK driving licence with access to a vehicle for work purposes.
How You Apply
Applicants should provide a detailed CV demonstrating your particular experience relevant to this role, including your specific duties and responsibilities; together with an indication of your salary expectations, your current availability/ notice period, and a minimum of 2 referees (ideally from recent clients).
Applications should be sent via e-mail only to: email@example.com, with 'Place North West' in the title.
Rider Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
DIRECT APPLICATIONS BY E-MAIL ONLY
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES