Our North West Development Transportation team currently has a vacancy for a Principal Transport Planner experienced in development transport planning. AECOM has a successful and established development team in the North West and this is a great opportunity for an ambitious professional to join the Manchester office in this key role.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in delivering innovative cost effective solutions to transport and highways issues relating to development projects. As a Principal Consultant you will lead one of our Development Planning teams (c. 3/4 staff) and will be responsible for line management, project management and business development. You will be proficient in the delivery of development transport projects to the satisfaction of clients and be able to lead a team with minimal supervision. You will be an excellent communicator and able to work closely with both private and public sector clients as well as multi-disciplinary teams. The role would suit a self-motivated individual seeking an opportunity to establish themselves as a leader within a dynamic team. You will receive all the necessary training as well as the support and encouragement to advance your career within this leading global business.
The Manchester office has an established track record of successfully delivering transport and highways schemes across the UK and Internationally. Our City Centre office has multi-disciplinary capability offer enabling staff to get involved in a wide range of exciting projects. The team provides transport planning and highway engineering support to private and public sector clients from concept through to implementation. AECOM has been established in Manchester for a long time and have excellent connections to the City and surrounding areas, having been involved in many of the major development projects.
Our wide range of clients are from the private and public sector and include developers, retailers, land owners, house builders, blue chip companies, Universities and numerous Local Authorities across the North West region. We also have a proven track record of successfully delivering projects for the Homes and Communities Agency, Transport for Greater Manchester, the Highways Agency and several international Clients.Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international development transport and highways projects. This provides our staff with a variety of exciting projects to deliver. A selection of our current and recent projects include:
- Numerous appraisals, transport assessments and travel plans for mixed-use, retail, commercial and residential development
- Highways infrastructure design projects for global businesses
- Travel planning advice for universities, hospital trusts and developers
- Strategic land use appraisals and strategic masterplanning advice for developers, local authorities and government agencies on key strategic development schemes
- Major City Centre regeneration projects
- Retail projects both non-food and food
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
- Successfully manage and deliver Development and Transport Planning Projects
- Provide high quality advice to clients on transportation matters and identify solutions to their issues.
- Deliver project work within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Monitoring financial status and progress of projects to ensure delivery on time, to budget and to Client's satisfaction.
- Business development and promotion of AECOM's Transportation Services.
- Working to objectives both financial and technical.
- Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams within AECOM's transportation division.
- A Graduate (MSc desirable) in a Transportation Planning related subject or equivalent with experience of transport planning in directly related fields.
- Ability to deliver transport planning solutions, manage a team of professional staff as well as successfully manage projects.
- A good all round technical knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering.
- Understanding of and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, and knowledge of planning and transport policy as applied to development.
- A solid track record of delivering a variety of transportation planning projects.
- The ability to secure work and develop business with clients.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and ideally a member of a relevant professional body.
To apply visit http://www.aecom.com/careers/ or call Katie Jackson on 020 8639 3507 for more details.