A long-list of developers has been drawn up to relocate Liverpool's magistrates courts into a new purpose-built complex.
The brief for the HM Courts Service is for a building of between 100,000 sq ft and 150,000 sq ft on a 25-year lease.
A competitive dialogue is underway with all the developers, including:
- Kajima, developer of the Health & Safety Executive office in nearby Bootle
- English Cities Fund, currently delivering St Paul's Square and set to follow with Pall Mall
- Manchester-based CTP which recently raised investment capital through a 25% sale to Development Securities
- Shepherd Developments, behind the City Square civil law courts on Tithebarn Street
- Downing, the Liverpool developer-investor which is set to redevelop the current magistrates court on Dale Street
- Cheshire-based Tower Hill
HMCS is expected to shortlist five developers next year. No timetable has been fixed for a final decision.
DTZ, Drivers Jonas and Davis Langdon are all retained by HMCS.