Organiser: Place North West
Location: The Sharp Project, Thorp Road, M40 5BJ Manchester
Phone: 07966 535 262
The changing shape of Manchester's digital occupier community and the ongoing development of The Sharp Project will be among topics on the agenda at the forthcoming Place Tech event.
The third in the series of events organised by Place North West aimed at bringing the digital and property sectors together is due to be held on the afternoon of Thursday 27 June.
Occupiers will be the focus of Place Tech 3, when we will be asking if the city's property companies are doing enough to attract and retain technology and media companies, and hearing from two rising stars of the city's digital business base, as well as getting an update on Sharp Project's progress and expansion plans.
The half-day event is free to attend and sponsored by OBI Property.
The speakers include:
- Farooq Ansari, business development director and digital consultant, digital agency Reading Room. Farooq will tell his agency's story of growth in Manchester and discuss challenges and opportunities facing a digital agency based in the city competing on a national and global stage, from attracting staff with the right skills to finding suitable premises.
- Rose Marley, managing director of SharpFutures and management team at The Sharp Project. Rose will talk about The Sharp Project's ongoing development, tenant mix and ethos.
- Henry James, founder, inventid, product design and innovation agency, on moving his business from Leeds to Manchester and the growth of the digital product market
- Doug Ward, co-founder of TechHub Manchester, the collaborative workspace in Carver's Warehouse, Piccadilly occupied by software inventors with potential for rapid business development. He will describe TechHub's work with venture capitalists, spotting winners in the global app market and how Manchester should exploit its digital talent.
- Will Lewis, director, OBI Property, will examine Manchester's property offer for digital firms and ask if landlords and developers are doing enough to tap into this tech market.
The event will be held at The Sharp Project and begin at 2pm and close at 4.30pm with a chance enjoy a drink in The Campus bar and café.
Place North West organises Place Tech with Active Profile www.activeprofile.co.uk