Organiser: Place North West
Location: The Midland Hotel, 16 Peter Street, Manchester, M60 2DS
Challenges facing retail and leisure provision in new developments will be the theme of this dedicated breakfast briefing due to take place on 8 September, in association with DAC Beachcroft.
Everything from accommodating driverless cars into the malls of the future to creating distinctive retail and leisure offering in new residential neighbourhoods of city centres will be discussed by our selected panel of speakers.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Martin Wedderburn, consultant, Sustainable Transport Planning & Research, leading thinker on the impact of driverless cars on cities in the future
- Lucy Noone, business development manager, Allied London, leading on retail and leisure space at London Road Fire Station and St John’s, Manchester
- Arnold Wilcox-Wood, centre director, The Rock Bury, on challenges and opportunities facing shopping centres and the High Street as e-commerce and the retail landscape evolve
- Clare Huber and Mark Paynter from Northgate development team at Cheshire West & Chester Council and Rivington Land
- Dan Davies and Stephen Tregenza, directors of Metis Real Estate, independent specialist agents advising national clients on new stores and restaurants
Futureproofing Retail, sponsored by DAC Beachcroft, is due to take place from 8am to 10am on Thursday 8 September at Trafford Suite, The Midland Hotel, Manchester.