What can we do to drive footfall and transform the physical shopping experience in competition with e-commerce? There are plenty of opportunities for developers and investors to get creative with retail schemes and exploit the angles others may miss.
Retail parks remain resilient, as do the large centres, but is retail-led regeneration still the answer? Do not miss this chance to be in-the-know – and stay ahead of your competition.
8am Arrival, breakfast + networking
9am Welcome, presentation + panel discussion: Retail Agility: Navigating e-commerce and economic crisis
Gabriel Erinle, estates director, Allied London & All+ Management
Joe Meredith, legal director, TLT LLP
Vaughan Allen, chief executive, CityCo & Manchester BID
Heather Lindley-Clapp, director, Nexus Planning
Stephen Tregenza, director – retail agency, Metis Real Estate
10.15am Networking break
10.45am Presentation + panel discussion: Brave New Store: An examination on what the future holds for the retail industry
Matt Colledge, board member & project director, High Streets Task Force
Danielle Purves, director, Aew Architects
Rob Deacon, senior asset manager, Grosvenor
Laurence Jones, head of asset management & leasing, Trilogy Real Estate
12pm Close with lunch and further networking
- MATT COLLEDGE, HIGH STREETS TASK FORCE | Supporting 152 towns and cities across the country, Matt is one of High Street Task Force’s designated experts. Matt is also a director at IntoPlaces, helping local high street leaders to develop and implement regeneration plans.
- DANIELLE PURVES, AEW ARCHITECTS | Oversees a team delivering a range of projects nationally, including large-scale, roll outs for McDonald’s Restaurants and Domino’s Pizza Group. Recent work has involved adapting client assets to better meet evolving client and customer requirements post pandemic.
- JOE MEREDITH, TLT LLP | Works closely with a significant number of major high street and online retailers recently including JD Sports, Go Outdoors and Boohoo. He advises on leasehold and freehold acquisitions, renewals and disposals as well as on estate management matters.
- ROB DEACON, GROSVENOR | Plays a leading role in the overall asset management of Liverpool ONE. With the strength and depth of Liverpool ONE’s occupier mix attracting 29 million visitors annually, both footfall and sales have posted faster growth than the UK average every year.
- GABRIEL ERINLE, ALLIED LONDON & ALL+ MANAGEMENT | Oversees a team that delivers asset management services for over 50 acres of real estate in Manchester city centre including Spinningfields, St John`s Estate, and London Road Fire Station. Gabriel works on occupier/tenant mix, occupier & retailer engagement and estate management strategies.
- VAUGHAN ALLEN, CITYCO & MANCHESTER BID | Leads Manchester city centre’s biggest business membership organisation, representing over 1000 companies including 400+ retail and hospitality businesses. CityCo puts on events, helps keep the streets clean, solves business problems and generally tries to make the city centre as attractive, vibrant and lively as possible.
- HEATHER LINDLEY-CLAPP, NEXUS PLANNING | Has a wealth of experience across retail and commercial mixed-use projects. Recent projects include the Hale and Sale Moor Place Plans, Printworks refurbishment in Manchester city centre and retail food store proposals in Blackburn and Stockport.
- LAURENCE JONES, TRILOGY | Projects include a masterplan to redevelop and refurbish Great Northern Warehouse into an 800,000 sqft mixed-use new quarter of Manchester’s city centre
- STEPHEN TREGENZA, METIS REAL ESTATE | Spent 25 years as part of the Manchester Arndale leasing team and during his time on the centre, the retail provision has increased by nearly 500,000 sq.ft and footfall has more than doubled. He has also been involved in Liverpool One since its construction.
Benefits of attending this event include:
- Form valuable connections with high-level attendees from across the property sector during networking breaks
- Gain industry knowledge from experts during the panel discussions and presentations, with plenty of opportunities to ask your own questions
- A copy of the attendee list before the event, and access to the dedicated event app where you can connect with other delegates
- Breakfast and lunch are also included
Tickets cost £68+VAT. Book using the form below – if you can’t see the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is sponsored by TLT LLP and Aew Architects.