How to effectively use Instagram for your property scheme
You’re going to have aims and goals for your property scheme – whether they’re to fill spaces or really embed your scheme into its new city. One way to achieve these aims and goals is by utilising social media platforms like Instagram.
Instagram is a social networking tool that allows you to share photos and videos which can then be viewed by people who follow you. Pretty simple, right? Well here’s how you can use Instagram to the benefit of your property scheme.
Find your objective
You may have a number of different objectives for your property scheme, depending on whether it’s residential or commercial. The key reasons you might be using Instagram for your property scheme will include:
- Brand awareness: getting your scheme the attention it requires and deserves within your new area or target demographic
- Attract residents/tenants: use this huge new online audience you’re amassing to generate interest in your scheme, with the hopes of selling space
Brand awareness exercises
These are some of the key ways in which you can use Instagram for brand awareness and placemaking:
- Provide constant updates of your scheme – by continuously uploading new photos and videos of your scheme, using appropriate hash tags to ensure people are finding your uploads, you will ensure maximum exposure of your scheme
- Stories – A story is a way to upload a photo or video to Instagram, that remains at the top of your followers’ newsfeeds for 24 hours. This a fun way to give people sneak peaks of your scheme and generate interest
- Become a good neighbour – go say hello to your neighbours! By taking photos and videos of neighbouring businesses or restaurants, uploading them and tagging them, they’re more likely to engage with you and share your post to their followers, giving you a whole new audience
How to attract residents and tenants
One of the best things about Instagram is the multitude of ways you can utilise it to really showcase your scheme in a good light and attract interested parties. Here are some key ways to attract new residents or tenants to your property scheme on Instagram:
- Instagram takeover! – pair up with a relevant, third party partner who will take over your Instagram for the day and get their followers to engage and follow you. As an example, if you’re a residential build and you have a gym within your scheme, get a popular fitness blogger to take over your account. This will get you onto the radar of many followers who would benefit from living somewhere with a gym
- Instagram live – Instagram live is a way for people to see your scheme in real-time without leaving their home. Everyone who follows you will get a notification that you’ve gone live, so you can give your followers a tour of the development and point out key features and USPs that will make people want to be a part of it
- Consistent updates – this is just good practice to ensure people see you as a proactive, socially aware and digitally apt scheme. People will be more inclined to consider your scheme as a new home if they see photos and videos of it a few times a week which showcase both the scheme’s character and its USPs
Are you feeling camera-ready?
Those are just a few ways in which you can utilise Instagram for your property scheme. Social media is becoming one of the most important factors to consider when you’re developing a new scheme, and Instagram might just be the best way for you to reach your audience and embed your scheme into its new home.
If you need help using Instagram for your property scheme, or would like to discuss other PR and marketing activities, get in touch with us at Roland Dransfield and we’ll be able to help you out.
Networking at any major event can be a daunting and intricate affair – and MIPIM 2018 will be no different. You’re going to be surrounded by people who are...
Here is a list of all the essentials you’ll need to make the most of your time at MIPIM 2018.
We take a look at the changes that have, or haven’t happened in Manchester since MIPIM 2017.