REGISTER NOW | Infrastructure & Travel, 30 July
Join Planit and Civic Engineers to debate the opportunity the pandemic presents for changing the way our neighbourhoods, towns and cities are configured and our streets and public realm designed.
- Cathy Parker, professor of retail and marketing enterprise at Manchester Metropolitan University; co-chair of the Institute of Place Management; and co-author of UK Government’s ‘High Street 2030: Achieving Change’ report
- Pete Swift, managing director, Planit-IE, design practice with a passion for outside spaces and the part they play in our communities
- Stephen O’Malley, founding director, Civic Engineers, creating places that have a positive impact on the environment and enable people to live healthier and happier lives
- Linda Thiel, director, White Arkitekter, Swedish architectural firm “inspiring sustainable ways of life”
- Simon O’Brien, cycling and walking ambassador, Liverpool City Region, helping to deliver the Metro Mayor’s vision for an active travel revolution across all six districts of the city
- This event will take place online from 10am to 11am on Thursday 30 July.
Topics to be covered:
- Opportunity for radical change presented by the current situation, a 50-year seminal moment
- Exploring climate and biodiversity
- Proximity to amenity
- Local government agendas
- Impact on neighbourhoods
- Value of green infrastructure
- Future of town centres
- Outdoor repurposing
- Public messaging
- Covid secure spaces
- How developers can seize the moment to their advantage in large mixed-use projects.
Infrastructure & Travel is sponsored by Planit-IE and Civic Engineers.
Registration is free. Please use the form below to book your place now.