REGISTER NOW | Energy, Nuclear & Sustainable Power
How to maximise development opportunities arising from energy projects across the North will be the focus of this sector briefing in Cumbria, organised by Place North West in association with Curtins and Furness Economic Development Forum.
Exploiting the property potential offered by nuclear, fracking, on-shore and off-shore renewable power generation as well as redeveloping legacy sites such as former oil plants will all feature on the agenda. The event is aimed not only at companies interested in building energy facilities but also those people wishing to tap into the residential and commercial potential of housing workers and supplying new premises for supply chains.
Delegates who have registered already include representatives from Hydrock, WYG, Wilson Mason, Arup, CPUK, Eric Wright Group, Skanska and Baker Mallett.
A mixture of expert presentations and panel discussions will examine issues around planning, funding, community engagement, regulatory frameworks and other challenges and opportunities facing this highly-political sector.
Confirmed speakers so far:
- Rob Asquith, planning and energy director at Savills, property adviser on rural developments aligned to energy
- Representatives from Menai Science Park and Horizon Nuclear Power
- Jamie Gordon, head of energy and infrastructure at public affairs and communications specialist Remarkable Group, senior adviser to energy companies on gaining planning consent
- Robert Pinkus, senior partner, Pinkus & Co, independent commercial agents specialising in Lancashire and Cumbria
- Christopher Bowes, planning partner at law firm Nabarro, with an overview on planned projects in fracking, nuclear and related infrastructure
- Ian Storey, managing director of Story Homes Cumbria, active on more than a dozen live and proposed development sites in the county
Energy, Nuclear & Sustainable Power is organised by Place North West in association with Curtins, the leading built environment consultancy, and Furness Economic Development Forum, supply chain growth support enabler for Cumbria.
This event is due to take place at the Castle Green Hotel, Castle Green Lane, Kendal, LA9 6RG from 8am until midday on Tuesday 28 February 2017.
Tickets are priced at £50+VAT and include refreshments. Delegates travelling up the night before the event can book accommodation at Castle Green Hotel at a reduced rate of £80/night. Call 01539 734 000 and quote Place North West. There will be an informal networking drinks reception on the eve of the conference at the Castle Green Hotel for attendees and speakers, hosted by Place North West.