Call centre operator Vertex is seeking to relocate within Bolton and has a requirement for an office up to 80,000 sq ft in the town centre.
Agents Matthews & Goodman are retained by Vertex and last week viewed several sites.
The front-runners are understood to be:
- Gordon Moon Properties' 120 Bark Street, although its 59,600 sq ft would require Vertex to shift some work to other bases
- Charles Topham Group's 81,400 sq ft No 2 Merchant's Place, River Street.
Vertex currently occupies an old call centre on Manchester Road and is looking to upgrade, ideally into 80,000 sq ft but operations could be split and re-distributed around the North West if less space was taken.
Other possible contenders to land the deal are:
- Ask/Bluemantle's Church Wharf proposals, although these are at an early stage
- Bruntwood's 70,000 sq ft Atria, where 56,000 sq ft is becoming available after refurbishment
- Orbit Developments' 99,000 sq ft Parklands, albeit out of town, is on site in two buildings that could be linked.
Miller Metcalfe and CB Richard Ellis are agents for Gordon Moon; DTZ and Miller Metcalfe advise Charles Topham Group; GVA Grimley advises Orbit; CB Richard Ellis and Miller Metcalfe are retained by Bruntwood.