Twelve North West schemes have been shortlisted for the regional Royal Institute of British Architects awards.
The full list of nominees includes:
- Abito, Manchester designed by BDP
- New Roundhouse, Manchester designed by Walker Simpson Architects
- Chips, Manchester designed by Alsop Architects
- Fisherman's Bridge, Ulpha in the Lake District designed by Honey
- Avenham Park Pavilion, Preston designed by McChesney Architects
- Private House, Bowden designed by Stephenson Bell
- Tom Reilly Building, Liverpool designed by Austin-Smith:Lord
- Engineering Department, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, designed by Sheppard Robson
- LJMU Art & Design Academy, Liverpool designed by Rick Mather Architects
- Liverpool One, Sites 1 & 7, Liverpool designed by Haworth Tompkins and Dixon Jones
- Chavasse Park Pavilion, Liverpool designed by Studio Three Architects
- The Pier Head and Canal Link, Liverpool designed by AECOM Design + Planning
Sam Jacob, of FAT, Matt Brook, of Broadway Malyan and Victoria Jessen-Pike, comprise the judging panel and will visit each scheme before the winners are named on 19 May.
The judges will look at the budget, size, complexity of brief, detail, invention/originality, contract type, client satisfaction, sustainability, social factors and capacity to engage and delight its occupants and visitors.