Chris Barnes, programme manager at Transport for Greater Manchester, will update attendees of Place North West’s free-to-attend half-day Travel, Leisure + Tourism conference on 23 June on the 2040 transport strategy for the city region.
Barnes will provide an overview of the plans for growth around local, national and global connectivity themes and how they inform the ongoing and future capital programme.
This will touch on procurement and funding sources such as the Greater Manchester Growth Deal and associated initiatives.
Also due to speak are:
- Anna Doran, general manager of the Anglo Scottish route for Virgin Trains
- Jonathan Vose, director, Walsingham Planning – advisor to Whitbread on new and extended Premier Inns and Costa Coffee units
- Tim Woodhead, director of Industry Wake Parks – operator of wakeboarding at Liverpool’s Albert Dock and water adventure park Fox Lake outside Edinburgh
- Graham Lister, project director, Storyhouse – Chester’s new £37m theatre and library project due to open later this year
- Chris Melia, partner director, Amion Consulting – leader of visitor and leisure team specialising in cultural, heritage and tourism project
- Collette Roche, director of customer service and security, deputy managing director of Manchester Airport
- Dan Davies, director of Metis Real Estate, leisure agents
- Jeremy Butler, general manager, Sale Sharks Rugby Club
- Tomas Maunier, sales and marketing director, Fazenda Group – upmarket Brazilian restaurant group
Travel, Leisure + Tourism is due to begin at 8am for an 8.30am start and run through until lunch, which will be served at around midday. The venue is the new Holiday Inn Manchester at 25 Aytoun Street, M1 3DT.