Salford University is inviting expressions of interest for phase one of its £75m masterplan to regenerate its campus.
The university is seeking construction firms to build a new 172,222 sq ft arts building on a greenfield site in the centre of Peel Park, adjacent to existing student residences.
The seven-storey building is designed by Stride Treglown and worth up to £38m.
The university's masterplan includes a refurbished and extended Chapman Building, as well as the new arts building, and £30m student halls of residence overlooking Peel Park.
Salford University's proposals also include a series of public spaces at Chapman Square and Station Square near to Salford Crescent Station, including outdoor lecture theatres, performance areas and quieter external meeting places where staff, students and members of the public can come together in an informal setting.
Other companies already involved in the development include:
- Turley Associates, planning advisors
- Davis Langdon, project and programme manager
- Arcadis, cost manager on Chapman Building
- Appleyard & Trew, cost manager on rest of projects
- Fairhurst Design Group, architect on Chapman Building
Deadline for expressions of interest is 12pm on Tuesday 9 August. Salford University said it will send invitations to tender to selected candidates on Thursday 10 November 2011.
- For further details contact Dave Horton at Salford University on 0161 295 7983 or email email@example.com