The University of Salford's Peter Brandon and Tuba Kocaturk will be joined by 12 representatives from international architectural firms to debate the future of the industry at a conference on Friday and Saturday this week.
Central Salford Urban Regeneration Company chairman, Felicity Goodey, will give a talk about Media City UK in the morning of the first day of the event.
The conference, titled Distributed Intelligence in Design, will be held at the Lowry Centre in Salford Quays.
Speakers confirmed for the two-day event from international companies and institutes include:
- Arto Kiviniemi of Finland-based Granlund
- Oliver Tessman of Frankfurt-based Grohmann & Bollinger
- Martin Riese of Hong Kong-based Gehry Technologies
- Neil Katz of American-based Skidmore Owings and Merrill
- Brent Allpress of Australian firm RMIT Architecture
- Robin Drogemuller of Queensland University of Technology in Australia
- David Rutten and Carlos Perez of Robert McNeel & Associates, McNeel Europe
- Eduardo Lyon of Chile's Universidad Católica
- Volker Mueller of American firm Bentley Systems
- Matias del Campo of Austria-based SPAN Architects
- Rita Cristina Ferreira of Brazil-based DWG Architecture and Systems
Joining Brandon, Kocaturk and Goodey as guest speakers from UK-based firms:
- Jonathan Sheridan of Design Partners UK
- Bryan Lawson of University of Sheffield
- Cristiano Ceccato of Zaha Hadid Architects
- Lars Hesselgren of Kohn Pederson Fox Associates
- Hugh Whitehead of Foster and Partners
- Sean Hanna of UCL Bartlett
- Chris Williams of University of Bath
- To reserve a place at the conference contact Emma Looskin at the Centre for Construction Innovation at email@example.com or call 0161 295 5076. For further details visit the Place North West Event Listings