The Homes & Communities Agency confirmed it will follow the successful pilot Key Event held in Manchester in the summer with an event in Liverpool in October.
The event aims to bring developers, housing associations and support agencies together with first-time buyers who are struggling to get onto the property ladder during the recession.
Liverpool's Key Event will take place at the BT Convention Centre, Kings Waterfront on Saturday 10 October from 10am to 5pm.
The event is sponsored by online estate agency portal rightmove.co.uk and organised by HomesHub, the government's HomeBuy Agent for Merseyside and Cheshire and part of Plus Dane Group. As well as the HCA the event is supported by Liverpool City Council and housing market renewal agency New Heartlands.
Entry to the event and all services are free. Visitors can:
- Find quality, affordable homes from a wide range of developers
- Access HomeBuy advice – including HomeBuy Direct, which provides 30% equity loans towards the cost of a new home
- Discuss mortgage advice with lenders
- Discuss money matters in confidence with Independent Financial Advisors;
- Meet first-time buyer friendly solicitors
- Get independent help and support through the buying process from Access to Home Ownership
Developers said the Key Event held at Manchester's Urbis in June generated leads and a handful of reservations. The event was attended by around 300 people.