ReBlackpool, the urban regeneration company, has completed the second phase of Blackpool's central corridor.
The gateway is the main route into the resort from the M55 motorway and is the second of three phases aimed at helping define a new image of Blackpool for visitors entering the town.
A new public plaza and improved access to Blackpool Football Club's West stand on Bloomfield Road has been incorporated in the second phase redevelopment.
Dean Blackhurst, project manager at ReBlackpool, said: "The area has been dramatically improved with new pavements and road surfaces. We hope that the addition of street furniture and new trees will greatly improve visitor's first impressions of Blackpool, whether they're here for the football, shopping, tourism or business.
"The central corridor improvements will allow for further transport improvements and better connections into business areas. It will also help the long-term vitality of nearby hotels, including the recently opened Travelodge, by providing adequate long stay parking."
The second phase is a continuation northwards of the first phase project, which was completed in 2006 and included the opening of George Bancroft Park, the first public park in Blackpool since 1926.
Stewart Hudson, speaking on behalf of Blackpool Football Club, added: "The drive from the motorway to the football club has been vastly improved in terms of access and appearance. The redevelopment of a vast, unattractive car park into a welcoming entrance point creates a better impression of Blackpool for visiting teams and the thousands of fans who travel here for the match."
The second phase site covers an area of 1.35 hectares bounded by Blackpool Football Club stadium to the east, Bloomfield Road to the south, the Lonsdale coach park to the north and residential terraces to the west.
The redevelopment has been completed in partnership with the North West Development Agency and Blackpool Council.