The design of central business districts will be the focus of the Future Cities event organised by Place North West, in association with Cheshire West & Chester and Muse Developments, as part of PlaceEXPO at IFB.
Future Cities will be a free-to-attend morning seminar on Tuesday 17 June at No. 4 St Paul's Square in Liverpool's own commercial business district.
Topics discussed will include changing workspace requirements, the rise of technology, data sharing and smart city design, development funding and the impact of good design.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Mike Horner, regional director, Muse Developments
- Robert Moyser, associate director, Buro Happold
- Francis Glare, head of urbanism, BDP
- Tom Cheesewright, applied futurist, Book of the Future
- Bill Addy, chief executive, Liverpool BID Company