Join Capita, Carillion, RED Partnerships, Indigo Planning, Knight Frank, Hourigan Connolly and others on a field trip to east Lancashire to see new development and occupational opportunities.
Place North West and Burnley Bondholders would be delighted if you could join us for a tour of a selection of strategic development sites and current projects.
Among the sites visited will be:
- Innovation Drive: 37-acre new aerospace supply park on site of former Michelin tyre works, first phase 50,000 sq ft out of proposed 400,000 sq ft now on site having secured £1.4m Regional Growth Fund grant in October 2012
- On the Banks: £100m anchor scheme by Burnley Council and developer-contractor Barnfield within the emerging Weavers' Triangle development on Leeds-Liverpool Canal, set to benefit from student accommodation, offices, as well as new restaurants and bar square with live music venue all short walk from town centre
- Knowledge Park: Five-acre town centre development promoted through partnership between Burnley Council, University of Central Lancashire, Burnley College and Homes & Communities Agency
- Cleared former William Thompson Recreation Centre site available for development
- Burnley Bridge Business Park: 70-acre logistics hub and adjacent residential site, currently on market, on M65 ideal for footloose build-to-suit requirements and local operators keen to update premises
The executive coach tour will take place on the morning of Thursday 24 October, departing from the Village Hotel Bury at Junction 2 of the M66.
The day will include a complimentary lunch at the stunning Crow Wood spa with a presentation by Steve Rumbelow, chief executive of Burnley Council.
Burnley has access to Regional Growth Fund and Regenerate Pennine Lancashire monies and will next year benefit from the introduction of direct rail links to Manchester Victoria when Northern Rail begins a service through the reinstated Todmorden Curve junction.
Place on Tour: Burnley will start at 8am and conclude at 2.45pm, both at De Vere Village Hotel Bury.