The region’s leading property media platform hosted a record number of people at 30 events in 2019, and expects further growth in 2020.
This year also saw the launch of our dedicated conference app, which already has 1,000 registered users and has greatly reduced paper usage.
There were new events in Chester, including Cheshire Resi and Cheshire Social, and the launch of Place Young Things networking gatherings for people starting out in the industry.
Dino Moutsopoulos, commercial director of Place North West, said: “After a long and extremely busy year, I would like to thank all our sponsors, delegates and clients for supporting our events and contributing to our online publication.
“We always listen to our clients and try to offer the sorts of new and improved services for which the market is asking. We hope that we have done this with our recently launched 2020 video, content and exhibition offerings. I look forward to working with new and old clients alike on these options during the next 12 months.”
This year also saw expansion of video roundtables; debates were held on behalf of clients such as leading law firms Kuits and Freeths on the state of the market and plans for the future of the property industry. More video roundtables are scheduled for 2020.
Place Young Things launched with two events in Manchester, both of which sold out within days. Next year, the PYT programme will double to four events, including one in Liverpool.
Event highlights of 2019
- North West PRS attracted 300 delegates and a lively discussion that showed the build-to-rent market still has a way to go
- Place Party, our annual sell-out extravaganza for more than 700 members of the unique community that makes up Place’s readership. More than 50% of tickets have been sold for October 2020’s bash
- Question Time, a selected audience of developers and investors gathered to hear leaders including Andy Burnham and Sir Richard Leese explore the issues the city region faces as the political landscape changes and the population grows rapidly
A selection of the first events of 2020
- North West PRS 2020, 16 January, the next edition of Place North West’s best-selling conference, featuring speakers from Vita Group, M&G Real Estate and Glenbrook
- Lancashire Development Update, 13 February, focusing on economic activity in Lancashire with speakers from Eden Project North, Blackpool Council and LUC
- Cumbria Development Update, 27 February, covering the projects, live and proposed, in the region’s northernmost county, known for its strong manufacturing and energy sectors and thriving tourism industry
- Place MIPIM Closing Drinks, 12 March, beach-side party for 500 invited guests at the end of the global property convention in Cannes. Sponsored by Mills & Reeve
In 2020, Place North West events will offer the chance to meet, share market intelligence and develop business leads in more locations and formats than ever before, growing the reach across the region with three events in Cheshire, three in Liverpool and two in Lancashire, as well as a packed schedule in Manchester.
Click any image to launch gallery