Liverpool Chamber of Commerce has appointed Peel Holding's Ian Pollitt as a director on its main board.
Peel said the role will allow it to engage better with the business community of Liverpool and Pollitt will still be undertaking his role at Peel as development investment surveyor.
Pollitt said: "It is a great honour to be asked by the Chamber to join the main board and I look forward to working closely with chamber members over the coming years. Peel are keen to engage with the local business community and I see this as the perfect way of strengthening those links. These are both exciting and difficult times for the business community and the Chamber is an increasingly important player."
Jack Stopforth, chief executive of Liverpool Chamber of Commerce, added: "I am pleased to welcome Ian on to the Board. The Chamber's board prides itself on having many of the key business figures in Liverpool representing the city's business community and Ian's appointment will bring one of the city's largest investors round the table to provide a valuable input into the Chamber's management process."
Other board of directors include:
- The Earl of Derby DL, president
- Neil Scales, chairman – Merseytravel
- Vincent Owen, vice-chair – Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- David Wade Smith – Business advisor to Liverpool City Council
- Michael J Prince – Partner at legal firm DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary
- Brian McCann – Partner at Vanguard Corporate Finance
- Dougal Paver – Co-owner of PR consultancy Paver Smith
- John Sutcliffe – Managing director of Sutcliffe
Liverpool Chamber of Commerce, established in 1850, is a voice for the city's business community locally, nationally and around the world.