Seddon Construction is to build 66 homes on the site of the former St Luke’s CE Primary School in Weaste under plans lodged by the city council.
The development would feature 32 houses and 36 apartments on a three-acre site off Eccles New Road.
PRP is the architect for the project.
St Luke’s relocated to bigger school on Weaste Lane in 2016 and the site has been vacant since. The former school is to be demolished later this year.
The development forms part of Salford City Council’s plan to build 3,000 homes for residents over the next decade.
The authority signed off the first 400 in principle last December.
Other schemes within the wider project include:
- 45 homes on the site of the former Irwell Valley High School
- 177 homes on Longshaw Drive in Little Hulton
- 41 homes on Ryall Avenue South
- 51 homes on The Green in Clifton
- 25 homes within Step Places and Salix Homes Kara Street development in Langworthy
Of the homes, 188 will be available for social rent, 127 for affordable rent, 52 to the private rented sector and 50 will be privately sold.
The intention is that, apart from the small number of units that will be for sale, the homes will ultimately be taken under the control of Dérive, Salford City Council’s housing subsidiary.