Pozzoni Audenshaw

New Charter wins approval for Tameside homes

Planning has been granted for the residential redevelopment by New Charter Homes of a disused plot in Corporation Road in Audenshaw, previously the site of Hawthorns Special School.

Sitting in a residential area the proposed 90 units will include 54 two, three and four bed family houses and 36 one bed apartments.

Approximately 75% of the site will be available as so-called affordable rent housing with the remaining 25% potentially offered at private market rental levels.

The development was designed by Pozzoni Architects.

Work is due to start in late 2013 or early 2014 subject to the appointment of a contractor.

Your Comments

Subscribe to our newsletter