The Education Funding Agency has provisionally named a joint venture between Morgan Sindall Investments and Equitix as the preferred bidder for a £120m contract to build 12 schools in the North West.
The construction programme will provide new, purpose-built buildings for five secondary schools and seven primary schools, for the benefit of 8,150 pupils as well as 124 nursery places.
The projects are the third privately financed batch of Priority School Building Programme schools.
Morgan Sindall will be responsible for the design and construction of the schools as well as the provision of maintenance and lifecycle services over the next 25 years.
The appointment is subject to the usual standstill period.
Construction is due to start from March 2015 with all planned completions expected by September 2017.
The secondary schools are:
- Blacon High School, Blacon
- The Deanery Church of England High School and Sixth Form College, Wigan
- Neston High School, Neston
- Ridgeway High School, Prenton
- South Shore Academy, Blackpool
The primary schools are:
- Bedford Drive Primary School, Birkenhead
- Bridge Hall Primary School, Stockport
- Dee Point Primary School, Blacon
- Halebank Primary School, Halebank, Halton
- Hawes Side Primary School, Blackpool
- JH Godwin Primary School, Blacon
- Plymouth Grove Primary School, Manchester