Knowsley Council has launched 12 shovel-ready sites in its ownership to market, with capacity for around 1,500 homes.
The sites are predominantly brownfield former school and leisure centre plots, and cleared of buildings, which have been allocated for housing development in the authority’s local plan.
Seven sites are now open for bids from single developers, with a further five to be released by the beginning of 2017.
Speaking to Place North West, John Flaherty, executive director of Place at Knowsley Council, said that there had been a huge degree of interest in Knowsley’s proposition while at MIPIM UK: “This exercise is not about maximising capital receipts, we will not sacrifice quality for price. We want high quality houses which stand the test of time.
“However, any developer which works with us can rest assured that we have made the process easier, simpler and quicker than ever.”
The deadline for receipt of bids for the following sites is 22 January 2016:
- Roughwood Drive, Kirkby, 26.6 acres
- Rockford Avenue, Kirkby, 7.64 acres
- Bewley Drive, Kirkby, 1.47 acres
- Waterpark Drive, Stockbridge Village, 7.07 acres
- Western Avenue, Huyton, 20.94 acres
- Whiston Lane, Huyton, 5.99 acres
- Scotchbarn Lane, Prescot, 10.19 acres
The following sites will be available by the beginning of 2017:
- Whitefield Drive, Kirkby, 17.54 acres
- Cherryfield Drive, Kirkby, 31.21 acres
- Hollow Croft, Stockbridge Village, 17.8 acres
- Little Moss Hey, Stockbridge Village, 17.8 acres
- Astley Road and Knowsley Lane, Huyton, 8.49 acres
Earlier this year Knowsley selected Countryside as the developer for five sites, which will deliver around 600 homes. The planning applications are due to be considered next month.