Manchester City Council has named the 43 development sites to benefit from funding from the Homes & Community Agency's Affordable Homes Programme 2015-18, which granted the North West £177.5m in July.
More than 650 homes will start on site next year across the city, with £11.5m allocated from the HCA alongside £35.5m in match funding from housing associations.
The £177.5m regional allocation is from the first half of the Affordable Homes Programme pot for 2015-18, with further funding available at a later stage through continuous market engagement.
The homes developed through the programme will be made available through affordable rent along with an element of affordable home ownership.
The development sites were identified by the council and its partners and include spare and unused infill sites.
Cllr Jeff Smith, executive member for housing and regeneration at Manchester City Council, said: "In the past few years Manchester has been well ahead of the curve in our innovative thinking to deliver new homes. This is essential to make sure there is enough high quality housing of mixed tenure to support our growing city.
"Affordable homes are an important strand of the city's housing offer and this funding approval is a real success. We will now work closely with our partner registered providers to best realise the potential of these site identified through the Manchester Place initiative."
The projects include:
- Wythenshawe Community Housing Group with 13 sites – 177 affordable rent, 82 shared ownership, 30 outright sale
- Northward Housing, 10 sites – 56 affordable rent
- Southway Housing Group, four sites – 89 affordable rent, 10 shared ownership
- Mosscare Housing, four sites – 36 affordable rent
- Arcon, five sites – 16 affordable rent, 16 shared ownership
- Eastlands, three sites – eight affordable rent
- Adactus, two sites – 34 shared ownership, eight market rent, 10 outright sale
- Great Places, one site – 22 affordable rent, 12 shared ownership, four outright sale
- Contour, one site – 35 affordable rent, five shared ownership
- Great Places – one site, one shared ownership
- Aksa Homes – 75 units across Manchester, Rochdale and Oldham