Hear from speakers across the primary, secondary and higher education sectors guiding billions of pounds of regeneration projects, as well as the contractors and designers delivering the latest school and university schemes, at this sector update on Thursday 7 November in Manchester.
Schools are expanding at pace, universities are changing the face of our towns and cities; national skills shortages are encouraging the construction of privately funded specialist training centres. How can you break into this ever-growing sector, and ensure that the projects and plans are futureproofed to enable the effective education of the generations to come?
8am – Registration and networking
8.45am – Welcome, presentations and panel featuring:
- Harry Hoodless, director, Broadway Malyan
- Dr Simon Hyde, headmaster, The King’s School Macclesfield
- John Foster, pre-construction director, Wates Group
- Karen Burns, chief executive officer, Victorious Academies Trust
- Tim Davies, director, Waterman Group
10.30am – Break
11am – Presentations and panel featuring:
- Dr Jason Challender, director of estates & facilities, University of Salford
- Tom Jonson, director of landscape architecture, LUC
- Gavin King, director, SpaceInvader
- Steve Jordan, head of capital projects, University of Manchester
- Penny Macbeth, dean of Manchester School of Art, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Michael Ahern, chief operating officer, UCLan
12pm – Closing remarks, networking and lunch
Chaired by Jessica Middleton-Pugh, editor of Place North West
Tickets are priced at £60+VAT.