Kingmoor Park Properties said it has had one of the most successful years in the site's 15-year history having let or sold 335,000 sq ft in 2013. There are a further 406,000 sq ft of deals in the pipeline at the Carlisle business park for 2014.
Highlights in 2013 included:
- Sale of 50,000 sq ft Capita headquarters to Cumbria County Council
- Letting 123,000 sq ft to Ascott Transport
- Sale of 36,000 sq ft building together with 4.5 acres of land for 75,000 sq ft warehouse to Thomas Graham & Sons
- 38,000 sq ft warehouse let to Stobart Group
- 10,000 sq ft let to Graham Commercials
- Launch of 1m sq ft Monarch@Kingmoor development site
Deals in the pipeline for 2014 include:
- Sale of 17,000 sq ft office building
- Sale of 16 acres of land on Monarch@Kingmoor site for 310,000 sq ft distribution warehouse, granted full planning consent this month
- Sale of 45,000 sq ft warehouse
Tony Goddard, chief executive of Kingmoor Park Properties, said: "Throughout 2013 we have seen a steady increase in enquiries and more importantly clients prepared to commit to completing transactions. The property investment market for warehousing and distribution is getting up to levels last seen before the financial crisis. Carlisle is now a desirable business location capable of competing with other property hotspots in the country. With its prime location midway between Manchester and Glasgow, immediate access to the M6, available land with consent, ample power and virtually unlimited broadband widths, potential green energy/combined heat and power, Kingmoor Park offers more than most other sites in the North West, a factor that many occupiers and agents are now recognising."