1-2 Years Pqe Upto Partner Level
Competitive Salary – £Depends Upon Experience, Plus Benefits
My clients are multi-disciplinary, national & international surveying consultancies and have strong and well established Property Valuation Departments both nationally and in their regional offices. Due to increasing volumes of work both in terms of the quantity and quality of instructions, there are several key appointments to be made across all levels, from newly RICS qualified to Partner/Director level.
The roles will be focused on predominantly the North and will cover all of the main commercial sectors for a wide range of private and public clients. Valuations are required for loan security, corporate asset, company accounts, viability and general advisory purposes and will include the valuation primarily of commercial owner-occupied and investment properties but will also include the valuation of public sector and residential led mixed use development sites.
You will be expected to carry out instructions efficiently and with a high degree of independence within the context of the wider valuation team. This includes the inspection of properties and preparation of concise and accurate valuation reports.
Our clients' cultures are highly professional and they are looking to recruit individuals who enjoy responding to challenges, are excited by meeting the toughest targets and have fun working at the leading edge. All of our clients place a strong emphasis on training and educating staff including drawing up personal development plans and offering in-depth appraisals. They will support career progression through development programs and experience gained.
Therefore, my clients are offering excellent opportunities to gain a very broad range of valuation experience across all key sectors and for a range of purposes. They also encourage direct contact with clients and expect team members to act as ambassadors to their respective firms at all times and to identify, pursue and win new business opportunities.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To work independently within a team context carrying out property inspections and background due diligence;
- To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in;
- To prepare and deliver valuations and reports to a very high level of accuracy and quality and to client timetables;
- To observe RICS regulatory requirements in particular those of the 'Red Book';
- To put clients first and achieve maximum client satisfaction;
- To work efficiently to maximise profitability;
- To ensure that the required amount of hours of RICS CPD is completed and recorded;
- To ensure the maintenance of all job files and appropriate instruction records in accordance with in-house QA procedures;
- To observe and implement clients' procedures to include Quality Assurance, Health and Safety Environmental, IS security and all other policies;
- To be open to involvement in new areas of work within the valuation business;
- To be client facing and able to identify opportunities for business growth and fee earning opportunities and help grow the business;
- To support the Senior members of the team to achieve team and department objectives;
- To support graduate team members in their APC preparations;
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- RICS qualification;
- Will have RICS Registered Valuer accreditation (or working towards if junior level);
- A track record in preparing RICS Red Book Valuations for Commercial Lending (development and investment properties), corporate valuations and consultancy advice;
- A commercial approach to 'real world' business and property issues;
- Good property market and wider economic and business knowledge;
- IT literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, Prodev, Argus Investor and Argus Developer;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills;
- Able to work under own supervision but also as part of a wider national valuation team;
- Social skills when networking and entertaining clients.
My clients offer real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
To apply for this position then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley Associates on 0151 242 1630 for further information.
Kingsley Associates is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Legal, Engineering & Property Sectors. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your career next move, call us for a confidential chat on 0151 242 1630 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org