Smart thinking Senior Planner needed for growing Manchester team
Indigo Planning is an independent town planning consultancy, specialising in securing planning consents and adding value to land and property for a wide range of public and private sector clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
We are looking for an RTPI qualified professional at Senior Planner level to join our Manchester team. You will have at least 4 – 6 years' experience and demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and commitment to join our successful team.
Core attributes will include being a strong team player, excellent verbal and written communication skills, good analytical, time management and prioritisation skills, and proficiency in IT.
The role will include working across a range of sectors, providing different services and taking responsibility for:
- reviewing and advising on planning policy;
- preparation and submission of planning applications/appeals;
- promotion of development proposals through development plans;
- negotiating development proposals with local authorities and other key stakeholders;
- attending meetings (internal and external);
- presenting proposals at public meetings or planning committees;
- communicating in a clear and unambiguous manner;
- writing compelling reports and making effective recommendations;
- working to tight deadlines to meet client expectations.
The position offers a great opportunity for career progression in a young, growing and dynamic team, plus a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in applying for the post, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 January 2015.