CampbellReith provide Development Planning and Infrastructure design services to the Development Sector, both in the North West and nationwide. A significant increase in workload has created the opportunity for a motivated candidate to join our expanding Civil Engineering and Development Planning Team in the Manchester office.
We are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to complement our existing Team and help manage our expanding workload. Reporting to an Associate, the candidate's duties will include taking the Technical lead on projects, reviewing and checking designs, preparing Technical Reports, liaising with Clients and Regulatory Authorities and supporting the growth and development of the Team.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate extensive knowledge of British Standards, DMRB, Local Design Guides and Section 38, Section 104 and Section 278 Agreements. Ideally you should be able to demonstrate successful outcomes with the Environment Agency, United Utilities and Local Highway Authorities and have demonstrable experience of having undertaken the detailed design of both highway and drainage infrastructure.
Competent / familiar with:
- The use and application of Microdrainage / WinDES design and PDS / Civil 3D software;
- The application and principles of Sustainable Drainage (SuDS);
- The preparation of site specific Flood Risk Assessments / Drainage Appraisals;
- Detailed design of Section 38 / 278 Highway Works, approval and Adoption;
- Detailed design of Section 104 / 185 / 98 drainage works, approval and Adoption;
- Preparing SHW / NBS specifications and contract documents;
- The use and application of Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel etc.) and AutoCAD 2013 essential.
- 5-8 years post-graduate experience;
- Approaching Chartered status or preparing for review;
- Experienced and proficient in the use of specialist design software for Highway & Drainage design;
- Experience of dealing with Regulatory Authorities and approving Bodies;
- Experience of client liaison / team management;
- Experience in a similar role and experience of running projects at all levels, from initial brief to completion;
- Able to communicate effectively;
- Team player with problem solving skills and awareness of new technologies.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a multi-disciplinary practice focused on innovation and client delivery. Projects and clients vary from public to private sector, from preplanning support and master-planning to traditional contracts in residential, commercial, leisure and industrial sectors.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Quoting Reference: MAN-SCE/2013
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
No agencies please
The Lexicon, 10 – 12 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NT