Peter Brett Associates (PBA) is experiencing significant growth and is looking to expand the planning, development and economics (PDE) team in Manchester. This provides an opportunity to work with a range of clients and projects, both public and private sector.
In particular, you'll get exposure to a variety of major retailers, developers, landowners and investors across the United Kingdom. We're anticipating at least 50 per cent of the role will be on retail related projects and planning matters.
As well as providing advice to local authorities on their Local Plans, you'll be working on projects including housing, infrastructure and commercial developments across the UK. You will also need a keen eye to spot and develop new business opportunities.
Ideally we'd like you to join the Manchester team, but we are open to considering candidates that could be based in Birmingham or Leicester.
- Advise on national planning policy and guidance and on the development plan
- Submitting planning applications and liaising with local authorities to achieve a successful outcome
- Prepare supporting retail and planning statements
- Contribute (and lead) quantitative assessments of capacity and retail impact, including an assessment of the demographics and spending patterns in a given area
- Prepare retail and town centre studies for local authorities, including the preparation of proposals to win such studies
- Contribute to expert evidence that will be presented at a public inquiry, hearing or examination in public
- Keeping pace with market intelligence on the retail and town centre sector
The successful individual will have an accredited degree typically with at least 5 year's post qualification planning experience either in a consultancy or local authority. Ideally, the successful individual should have had some previous exposure to retail or town centre developments or studies.
Demonstrable experience of the planning system and development management procedures
- Ability to engage with clients and confident in liaising with all levels of management both internally and externally
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have good drafting and report writing skills
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail
- An indepth understanding of the retail sector
- Excellent negotiation skills
As well as a competitive salary you'll have access to a range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.
To apply visit: