Manchester-based Ian Simpson Architects is on a shortlist of six firms chosen from 109 expressions of interest to go through to the design phase of RIBA's Worthing Swimming Pool competition.
The six shortlisted firms are:
- Allford Hall Monaghan Morris, London
- Feilden Clegg Bradley, London
- Thomas Heatherwick, London with Saville Jones, Worthing
- Pringle Richards Sharratt, London
- Ian Simpson Architects, Manchester
- Wilkinson Eyre Architects, London
The new swimming centre will provide an eight-lane, 25-metre pool, a combined learner/diving pool, indoor pools, with rapids and flumes, and outdoor leisure waters, a health and fitness centre, café, crèche and flexible space for other activities.
The winner will be chosen following a final assessment which will take place on 25 June.