Iain Wright, housing minister, will address next month's Northern Regeneration Summit at Manchester Central about the North's ability to meet housing growth targets in a declining market.
The two-day conference on 22 and 23 October will cover topical issues including how to use the new Local Asset-Backed Vehicles being devised with local authorities.
Wright will join a long list of senior speakers taking plenary sessions:
- John Hutton MP, Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
- Bob Neill MP, shadow local government minister
- Lord Heseltine
- David Freud, chief executive, The Portland Trust
- Prof Michael Parkinson, director, European Institute for Urban Affairs, Liverpool John Moores University
- Julia Unwin, chief executive, Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Tom Bloxham, chairman, Urban Splash
- Cllr Warren Bradley, leader, Liverpool City Council
- Sir Richard Leese, leader, Manchester City Council
- Cllr Andrew Carter, deputy leader and executive member for development, Leeds City Council
- Andrew Lewis, chief executive, The Northern Way.