The regional head of the Homes & Communities Agency will be among the speakers at a full-day housing conference organised by Place North West in February.
Deborah McLaughlin, regional director of the Homes & Communities Agency, will deliver a keynote presentation touching on public policy, funding and HCA's disposal programme.
Place Homes will examine the prospects for the region's residential sector, from city centre apartments to suburban house building. This major Place conference in central Manchester is sponsored by PPS Group, Hill Dickinson and The Livingcity Group of Companies.
A series of presentations and panel debates will cover trends in funding, public consultation, planning, design and land acquisition.
Other speakers confirmed so far include:
- Jennie Daly, managing director, Harrow Estates, part of Redrow: a house builder's view
- Adrian Fisher, head of planning and housing, Cheshire East Council: local plans and dealing with National Planning Policy Framework
- Stephen Hogg, director, Jones Lang LaSalle: forecasts for city centre markets
- Mark Gallimore, group managing director, The Livingcity Group of Companies: creating sustainable city centre communities
- John Holmes, head of planning, Hill Dickinson: changes to planning policy and implications for housing
- Stephen Byfield, managing director, PPS Group: trends in public consultation
- Paul Smith, partner and head of residential, NJL Consulting: land market overview
Place Homes is a ticketed event priced at £59+VAT per attendee. The event is due to take place from 8.30am to 4.30pm on Thursday 7 February 2013 at the Bruntwood Red Rooms on the 24th floor of City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester. The cost includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
There is parking at Piccadilly Plaza. City Tower is next to a Metrolink stop on Mosley Street and within walking distance of Manchester Piccadilly station.